This is my complete and detailed review of the brand new Zolo Liberty+ (Liberty Plus) earphones that I purchased through their Kickstarter campaign. As the first batch of users of these "total wireless earbuds", I've put together my personal thoughts on everything from the packaging through the unboxing, pairing, audio quality, functionality, physical design, fitment, battery life, and app. There's a lot to delve into in this full review!
Zolo is a subsidiary company to Anker which is known for their mobile tech gadgets like power banks. This is their first jump into serious audio gear and I like where they're headed towards and while I have been pretty impressed with these wireless earbuds, the final verdict as you'll see in the video is that it still needs a bit of polishing to truly delight. It was just announced that they're rebranding to Soundcore so really these will be eventually called Soundcore Liberty Plus.
What I've Loved About Them:
- Sound is pretty damn good for what they are. I think the only gripes I've had with them are songs with a lot of treble and high notes where they've sounded a bit flat. Otherwise, pretty impressed.
- Battery life is really good TBH.
- Simple pairing process and easy to connect once out of the case. Single tap initiates BT connection and the iPhone picks it up really fast
- BT 5.0 - amazing range, and potential for multi-connectivity in the future I believe
What Needs Improving:
- The audio does cut out, particularly the left side. It's random but usually involves long periods of listening. The shortest period was maybe 30 minutes. It'll cut but re-establish connection within a few seconds so it is tolerable
- I really wish there was a way to mod the charging case to allow for different tips. Because my right ear uses the custom Sony ones, they stick out more and thus don't make good contact in the case. Sometimes it'll lift out of the charging contacts while in my bag and turn on which inadvertently connects with my phone
- I’ve noticed that it has trouble with extreme highs where it seems to clip off a bit. (Figured it out! Shake to get the LEDs to light up)
- Charging case LEDs are still a bit of a mystery to me. Sometimes they come on and sometimes they don't.
- The app needs to look at what Jaybird has done and do what they did. Custom EQ's please!!!
- Call audio outputs from the right ear only.
Keep the comments coming in! I want to know about your experiences and whether you're keeping them or not.
If you're WILLing, you would be my new favourite person in the world subscribe to get more of WILL from Going Awesome Places :) http://goaw.pl/AwesomeTube
Zolo Liberty+ - Available on Amazon.com now: http://goingawesomeplaces.com/zolo-liberty-plus
If you're looking for the cheaper wireless earbuds, there's also the Zolo Liberty which are fully released: http://goingawesomeplaces.com/zolo-liberty
📸 GEAR USED
▶ Camera - Olympus OMD EM1 MK2 - http://goingawesomeplaces.com/omdem1mk2
▶ Lens - Olympus M.ZUIKO 7-14mm f2.8 PRO - http://goingawesomeplaces.com/olympus7-14
▶ Microphone - Rode VideoMic -
▶ Tripod - Joby Gorillapod Hybrid -
🔆 LOOKING FOR MORE?
▶ BLOG - http://goingawesomeplaces.com
▶ SUBSCRIBE - http://goaw.pl/AwesomeTube
Produced, filmed & edited by Will Tang
Music via epidemicsound.com
🤘 LET'S CONNECT!